Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello! My name is... Hope

As I walk up to the check out lanes at Dahls, I have two choices a long line and the check out line manned by Hope. Hope is the Dahls lifer that's just over it! No smile. Everything is mater of fact. And by god, do not do ANYTHING to slow down the line or you will get the look of death and then she'll look at a co-worker roll her eyes and she'll laugh at the idiot counting change or looking for an envelope. With Hope it's as if everything she is doing is the hardest thing in the world. Job satisfaction? I don't think Hope can hope for any of that! Am I frustrated? Annoyed? Nah... Why not? Because I get it. I get why she feels the way she does, and I am confident that if I had lived her life I would feel the exact same way. That is why I try to accept people for where they are in their life, and to understand their point of view. It's a hard thing to do but it makes life so much more enjoyable for everyone. I do, however, have a pretty keen ability to see people's potential even if they do not see it themselves and I will at times hold you to your potential and by doing so help you achieve that. I will also hold a mirror up to you so that you can see the truth of what you are doing and saying. Does this mean that I do not accept you? No. Does this mean that I do not like you? No. Does this mean that I do not understand your point of view? No. It means that I see your point of view and your potential and I want to help you get from where you are now to where I know you can be. Is that my job? No. But, I do it anyway. Don't like it? That's ok. I'm not going to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment